Cosmetic dentistry treatments offers various solutions for a more beautiful and confident smile.
Those treatments can radically change your smile according to your needs.
Dental veneers, are also known as dental porcelain plates, is a color-coded chip used to cover the surface of the teeth.
It does not get stained and is characterized with the light reflection similar that of the natural teeth, therefore, it is considered a great solution for those looking for a stunning smile.
Various dental problems can be corrected with veneers; these include:
- Color change or stain of teeth due to teeth root canal therapy or taking certain medications.
- Dental abrasion and degeneration
- Wrongly lined, inconsistent or irregular teeth.
- Teeth spacing or teeth that are too small or too large.
The process of putting veneers usually requires three visits to the dentist: the first visit is dedicated to the consultation; the second is to take the dental mold in order to manufacture the veneer according to the mold and the desired color.
While the third visit is to install the veneers. First, the front surface of the teeth is softened, then, the veneers is fixed by a special light used to strengthen the adhesion.
- Natural teeth appearance
- The ability of gingival tissues to endure procelain
- Stain resistant
- A whiter appearance of dark teeth
It is, like veneers, made from a thin layer of thin porcelain with a natural appearance, covering the teeth to give it a more attractive appearance, and conceals many of the teeth problems; from which the most important are:
- Yellowing of teeth
- Broken teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Teeth deformation
Some of the most significant features of lumineers compared to veneers in terms of results:
- Maintains teeth: Patients prefer the results of lumineers rather than veneers, because it does not require removing the enamel layer that covers the tooth. This not only keeps your teeth healthy and longer lasting, but also reduces the need for dental carving.
- Reduces dental sensitivity: Remove the enamel layer (or tooth enamel that easily exposes you to tooth sensitivity), yet, do not worry! This will not happen in the case of lumineers.
- Constancy of results: This is also due to maintaining the enamel layer. This layer helps to link the luminaire more strongly, giving results lasting longer, so as to appear as best as possible.